£ island - Public Health Announcement

Discussion in 'UK Motorcycles' started by boxerboy, Oct 31, 2009.

  1. boxerboy

    Andy Bonwick Guest

    Obviously somebody realised that most people having treatment on the
    IoM are injured in road traffic accidents of one sort or another and
    they count for **** all.

    Nothing to get worked up about, it's just the government stiffing
    those who least expect it.
    Andy Bonwick, Nov 2, 2009
    1. Advertisements

  2. boxerboy

    Ben Guest

    Dunno, but if not, why not?
    Dunno, but if not, why not?
    I'm thinking aloud.
    Ben, Nov 2, 2009
    1. Advertisements

  3. Because many crown dependencies , protectorate s etc do not pay tax
    into the British coffers
    steve robinson, Nov 2, 2009
  4. boxerboy

    M J Carley Guest

    Because then they might be subject to Inland Revenue rules and that
    would wipe out their offshore tax haven `industry'.
    M J Carley, Nov 2, 2009
  5. boxerboy

    Eiron Guest

    What about all the chavs that don't pay tax?
    Eiron, Nov 2, 2009
  6. It also shows how well we are being shafted tax wise , i recently
    worked in geurnsey , tax rates are lower , no vat , cost of living is
    slightly higher on some goods then again wages are generally higher
    too, house prices are higher but you do get tax relief on the
    mortgage what really made me smile was domestic rates , 4 bedroom
    detached house , overlooking the sea with two acres of ground at the
    back used as a small paddock £275.00 per anum and the lad that owned
    it was winging about it.
    steve robinson, Nov 2, 2009
  7. Its been initiated against several islands because the residents of
    the islands were travelling into GB to get treatment not available on
    the isles or what they would have to pay for for free whilst the
    islands were not contributing to the countries coffers

    They can still be treated on the mainland they do though have to pay
    , if its specialised treatement such as chemo , transplant etc these
    can still be performed on the mainland as the likes of geurnsey and
    jersey possibly the IOM dont have the facilities , thier health
    services have to reimburse the NHS .
    steve robinson, Nov 2, 2009
  8. boxerboy

    Andy Bonwick Guest

    I suppose that the cost of all the tax dodgers coming over here to get
    their gout sorted out far outweighs the cost of a few broken legs so
    the UK was on a loser.
    MCN don't know yet...
    Andy Bonwick, Nov 2, 2009
  9. boxerboy

    Andy Bonwick Guest

    **** 'em.

    I'd make a ruling that unless you've been contributing to the NHS for
    a minimum of 6 months or have had immediate family doing so then you
    pay for treatment.
    Andy Bonwick, Nov 2, 2009
    steve robinson, Nov 2, 2009
  11. boxerboy

    YTC#1 Guest

    What do the unemployed get benefits wise ?
    What is the health setup ?
    What is the score if you are old or unable to work ?
    YTC#1, Nov 2, 2009
  12. boxerboy

    YTC#1 Guest

    YTC#1, Nov 2, 2009
  13. The unemployed get benefits , they have a similar health service
    setup to the uk however they have to pay to see a GP
    The old do get pensions , not sure how much
    steve robinson, Nov 2, 2009
    steve robinson, Nov 2, 2009
  15. They will now ;-)
    [email protected], Nov 2, 2009
  16. Agreed. We shouldn't let the Yanks in at all.
    [email protected], Nov 2, 2009
  17. boxerboy

    YTC#1 Guest

    I trust you will be getting paid for it :)
    YTC#1, Nov 2, 2009
  18. boxerboy

    YTC#1 Guest

    Not similar enough then, I wonder how ill people are before they decide
    they need to have something done, and how many die because they don't
    (therefore saving money for the health service :) )
    YTC#1, Nov 2, 2009
  19. boxerboy

    YTC#1 Guest

    YTC#1, Nov 2, 2009
  20. All foreign nationals
    If your visiting other countries carry insurance or check to see if
    we have a recipricol care arrangement
    steve robinson, Nov 2, 2009
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.