Pressure gauge fittings.

Discussion in 'Classic Motorbikes' started by Eiron, Jul 8, 2009.

  1. Eiron

    Eiron Guest

    All the cheap little pressure gauges seem to have a 1/8" BSP male thread.
    I can't find a supplier of adapters so I can connect one to a pipe.
    Any ideas? I could get a BSP tap and make one from a lump of brass
    but there must be someone who makes them.
    Eiron, Jul 8, 2009
    1. Advertisements

  2. Eiron

    crn Guest

    They are used in a lot of gas appliances. Try a plumbing or gas fittings
    specialist such as Plumb Centre.
    crn, Jul 8, 2009
    1. Advertisements

  3. Eiron

    Eiron Guest

    A copper capillary tube, 2.4mm outside diameter but that's not important.
    It's easy enough to drill a hole and solder it into whatever fitting I can find.
    Eiron, Jul 8, 2009
  4. Eiron

    Eiron Guest

    Eiron, Jul 8, 2009
  5. Eiron

    bod43 Guest

    Must be for steam radio.
    bod43, Jul 8, 2009
  6. Eiron

    Eiron Guest

    Halfords had a 1/4" BSP coupler that will do. I'll just have to use the pressure gauge
    from my tyre inflater rather than one of those on my Aldi compressor.
    Eiron, Jul 8, 2009
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.